July/August 2021 Newsletter
THA Times - Opening Doors, Changing Lives
Volume 6 - 2021
The THA Office is Open!
Face masks are required, social distancing will be observed and only 4 people allowed in the lobby at one time.
Congratulations 2021 Graduates
During a global pandemic, you have conquered an important accomplishment: graduating!
Your achievement has not gone unnoticed. Job Well Done!!
Please join us in congratulating the following Tifton Housing Authority Tift County High School 2021 Graduates
From the Desk of Shaundra Clark, Executive Director
July 1, 2021
Tifton Housing Authority Residents:
Summer is the time of year where most people enjoy spending time with family and friends or taking a much-needed vacation from school or work. Last year, Summer looked different as the COVID - 19 pandemic was in full force. Due to vaccinations and a better understanding of the COVID - 19 virus, many restrictions have been lifted or modified. As you enjoy the 4th of July and any other summertime events, please remember to still stay safe while having fun. Continue to wear your masks if you are not fully vaccinated; wash your hands; and social distance.
While many things have changed, two things remain the same: THA commitment to your safety and staying true to our mission. Our main priorities are to safeguard the health and safety of our residents, staff, and service providers to the fullest extent possible. Our office has reopened to the public for limited face-to-face business. Masks are required; social distance practiced and only four people allowed at a time. THA on-line access is available at www.tiftonhousing.org to address many business needs that would normally require residents to come to the office. We also have two kiosk machines in the front lobby available during business hours for your THA business needs.
Thank you for being patient with us as we all adjust to our "new normal." Please contact staff with any questions or concerns you may have at (229)382-5434.
Ms. Shaundra Clark,
Congratulations Ms. Angela Mitchell on being selected an adult scholarship recipient of the Georgia Association of Housing and Redevelopment Authorities (GAHRA) Scholarship Program. Ms. Mitchell is a student at the University of Phoenix where she is pursuing a master's degree in health administration.
Poetry Contest Winner
Ms. Trina Smith, a THA resident, recently entered a poetry contest and received her poems on plaques from Ever and Wein Publishing Company.
THA residents and sisters, Ms. Valerie Barthell (pictured) and Ms. Porcha Barthell (picture not available) recently fulfilled the requirements to attain their high school diploma together.
13th - New Applicants Call-In Orientation
14th - New Applicants Call-In Orientation
20th - Recertifications Elderly Village & Omega properties
21st - Recertifications Elderly Village & Omega properties
25th - Parent's Day
27th - New Applicant Interviews
28th - New Applicant Interviews
29th - New Applicant Interviews
30th - Tift County First Day of School
19th - Aviation Day
Tifton Housing Authority Vehicle Registration Policy
- Each household is allowed no more than 2 vehicles. (Exceptions MAY be made on a case-by-case basis.)
- Each vehicle must be registered to a household member.
- Each vehicle must be registered with THA to receive a parking sticker.
- Parking permits must be placed (adhered) on the driver's side of the REAR windshield in the lower corner.
- There is NO assigned parking.
- If vehicle is sold or transferred to someone outside of household, the sticker should be removed. If an invalid / old / prior sticker is improperly used or allowed to be used by the subsequent car owner, the THA resident assigned to that sticker will be fined $100.
- THA staff will periodically check vehicles for stickers. If a vehicle is found not having a sticker, a warning ticket will be issued. If a second ticket is issued the resident will be fined $100, after the third incident the vehicle will be towed at the expense of the resident and/or owner.
- Vehicle registration will be renewed at Annual Recertification. Residents are responsible for updating the THA as needed throughout the year if they no longer have the registered vehicle, if they change vehicles, etc. (i.e., tenant is responsible on an on-going basis to make sure their vehicle information and parking stickers are valid and up to date).
- Guests must park in designated guest parking areas are on the street. You may contact the office for information regarding guest parking areas.
Along with the registration form, copies of the following are required:
- Valid DL
- Valid insurance policy
- Tax/Tag registration
The deadline for current residents to register their vehicles was June 1, 2021.
Please be reminded that THA staff will issue tickets for unauthorized vehicles.
Please bring updated driver's license, registration and / or insurance information to THA office if any of this information has expired since you registered your vehicle.
Property Management News
- The CDC's latest order extends the residential eviction ban until July 31, 2021. The Order prohibits residential landlords nationwide from evicting certain tenants through July 31, 2021. Any unpaid balances will be noted. Please contact the THA Housing department to bring your balance current before the deadline.
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program link: georgiarentalassistance.ga.gov
- July 13 - 14, 2021
- July 20 - 21, 2021: Elderly Village, Omega properties (Maple, New and Chinaberry residents)
NEW APPLICANTS' INTERVIEWS:
- July 27 - 29, 2021
RENT IS DUE ON THE 1ST AND LATE AFTER THE 7TH FOR PUBLIC HOUSING. RENT IS DUE ON THE 1ST AND LATE AFTER THE 5TH FOR DEAS HOMES.
- Work orders are handled on a case-by-case basis, with emergencies answered first and then any issues that may cause future problems handled. If you have an emergency after our normal business hours, remember to press 5 to be transferred to the maintenance ON-CALL PERSON voice mail. Please leave your name, phone number and nature of your call.
- NO PARKING OR DRIVING ON THE GRASS
- Please pick-up trash out of your yards.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 229-382-5434.
Online Access to THA
Tifton Housing Authority is proud to announce we have the capability for our residents to do business with us on-line. This includes:
- Access to your account to see your rent amount
- Pay your rent *
- Print your lease
- Complete your annual recertification including uploading supporting documents
- Notify THA of changes to your household or income
- New applicants will be able to complete an application on-line.
- Access our web-site on your home computer or mobile app at www.tiftonhousing.org
- Click on "Resident Portal" and "Register" if you haven't already.
- Once you have established an account, you can pay your rent, upload documents, print your lease or change your mailing address and/or phone number.
How easy is that?
*There is a small bank fee of 1.99% + .10 per transaction. For example, if your rent is $200, your fee that will automatically be added to your transaction payment will be $4.08 (3.98 + .10).
Seven Rules of Life
1. Let it Go - Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday
2. Be Yourself - What others think of you is none of your business
3. Give it Time - Time heals everything
4. Don't Compare - You have no idea what their journey is all about
5. Stop Thinking Too Much - The answers come to you when you lease expect it
6. It's On You - No one is in charge of your happiness, except you
7. Smile - You don't own all the problems in the world
Tifton Housing Authority Banned List
- Angoe, Joshua Deas - (07/19/19)
- *Billings, Vincent Charles - All
- Brown, Richard D., Jr. - All (03/09/2020) - 03/09/2025
- *Bryant, Roswick - All - LIFE
- *Butler, Dominque Sharod
- Caruthers, Travis Deas & Hills - (01/12/2021) - 01/12/2026
- Church, Ashley - 03/27/91 - All - 10/19/2023
- *Coney, Derrick - All - (09/07/18)
- *Davis, Briana Nicole - Dixie - LIFE
- Davis, Derrico Deon - 10/12/96 - Maple (08/29/19) - Indefinitely until lifted by THA
- *Denson, Malcolm - Deas - (09/09/13)
- *Dixon, Brianna - Dixie - (06/15/19)
- Edwards, Armonty - OOR & Peterson - (02/06/19) - 02/06/2024
- Folsom, Eugene - All - LIFE
- Foster, Aiyah - OOR - LIFE
- Fudge, Danny - All - 12/7/2021
- *Fudge, Marcus - All (02/04/2014)
- Gaines, Amrika Latrice - 8/4/99 - Maple, BV & Alder (09/25/19) - 09/25/2024
- *Gomez, Saul - EV (10/24/19) - Indefinitely until lifted by THA
- *Graydon, Ahmad Rashad - Peterson (05/02/16)
- *Griggs, Exzabrain - Alder (08/24/19)
- Green, Quintana 12/15/1989 - All (02/17/2021) - 02/17/2026
- *Greene, Shavondra - Maple, BV & Alder (04/25/19) - 04/25/2024
- Johnson, Antron - All - LIFE
- Johnson, Richard - All - LIFE
- Hawk, Angela - 1/14/94 - OOR & Peterson (10/10/19) - 10/10/2024
- *Heard, Laeddie - Deas - LIFE
- Henry, LaShonda - 02/10/82 - Peterson (04/23/19) -04/23/2024
- *Hicks, Justin Kennard - BVC (10/06/16)
- *Hightower, Michael David - Peterson - LIFE
- *Hillery, Kemon Deontae - Deas (08/18/18)
- *Hodge, Alexandria - ALL (01/08/13)
- *Hooks, Devvon Detravious - Deas (09/19/14)
- *Horn, Deontia - All (01/08/13)
- *Jackson, Gary - OOR (06/22/10)
- *Jacobs, Jacoby Sharadd - OOR (06/07/11)
- *Johnson, Alicia - Alder St (07/07/19)
- *Johnson, Antron - All - LIFE
- *Johnson, Richard - All - LIFE
- *Jones, Euwarner Jaris "JRoc" - All - LIFE
- King, Keon Danard - P, OOR, Omega, Deas & Hills - LIFE
- *Knight, Michael - Deas (09/09/13)
- *Laftly, Stacy - Dixie (08/01/11)
- *Lampkin, Abrente - Deas (09/09/13)
- *Lane, Germaine Lamont - All - 05/04/2022
- Lester, Dwayne - Peterson (10/21/2020) - 10/21/2025
- Mack, Chanet (06/18/78) - BV & Alder (07/03/2020) - 07/03/2021
- *Martin, Gregory Toronto - All (07/21/17)
- *McCrany, Charlie - Dixie, Deas (09/09/13)
- *McGriff, Rashad Quenterrio - OOR & Peterson (04/08/12)
- *Moline - Gomez, Moisez - EV (07/25/16)
- *Parks, Deyonta Puna - Deas (09/09/13)
- Poke, Joseph - All - LIFE
- *Poole, Talmadge - All (01/02/17)
- Range, Javoris - All (05/20/2021) - 05/20/2026
- Redding, Tonya (12/10/1972) - EV (06/18/2020) - 06/18/2025
- *Riggins, Keonta Rashad - Peterson, OOR (07/28/14)
- Robinson, Clifford - All - LIFE
- *Rutland, Tronyall - BV (07/14/14)
- Smith, Christopher - 01/12/75 - All - LIFE
- Stephens, Abrenta J. - All (09/27/19) - LIFE
- Stevenson, Karshay - 06/08/96 - Elderly Village (02/03/2020) - 02/03/2025
- Sullivan, Joshua - All (02/26/2021) - 02/26/2026
- Sutton, Ayana - OOR & Peterson (02/06/19) - 02/06/2024
- Sutton, Tacoda - 04/13/87 -OOR & Peterson (02/06/19) - 02/06/2024
- Swain, Justin - 02/16/88 - All - 03/08/2023
- Taylor, Ashanti - 033/16/01 - All - 07/26/2023
- *Walker, Johnny - BVC - LIFE
- *Waller, Marvin M. - BVC - LIFE
- Waters, Hernando (09/27/96) - Deas & Hill - LIFE
- *Webster, Deanna - Peterson
- Webster, Ned (03/10/61) - All - LIFE
- *West, Dedra - All
- White, Dondre L. - 08/18/89 - Peterson (08/23/19) - Indefinitely until lifted by THA
- Wilcox, Wilbur Xavier "Slim" - EV, Peterson - 06/13/2022
- Wilson, Christopher "Shug" - 01/12/61 - EV (08/22/19) - LIFE
- Wilson, Larry - All - LIFE
List as of 06/30/2021
*Individuals banned by Tifton Police Department per their system.
Tifton Housing Authority Staff