March/April 2021 Newsletter
THA TIMES - Opening Doors, Changing Lives
Volume 6 - 2021
Ms. Erica Fuller successfully completed the DOT/NON-Certified Specimen Collector Training on February 17, 2021, with the Major Rezults Training Academy. If you are interested in this field, please call Ms. Bennie Plummer at 1-866-625-7911 or visit the website at: www.majorrezultstesting.org.
We are certainly proud of Ms. Erica Fuller here at Tifton Housing Authority.
From the Desk of Shaundra Clark, Executive Director
February 1, 2021
Tifton Housing Authority Residents:
Over the course of the last few months, numerous fights have occurred on THA property. This behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated! Please know that if you or your guests are involved in any form of criminal activity, including fighting, your lease may be terminated per the terms of your signed lease. The COVID-19 eviction moratorium does not cover criminal activity. Therefore, evictions based on criminal activity, including fighting, are currently allowed.
As a reminder to all heads of households, you are responsible for your household members and all household guests!
Section 16 Code of Conduct
- Tenant agrees to conduct himself and cause others who are in the dwelling unit with his consent to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb his neighbors' peaceful enjoyment of their accommodations and will be conducive to maintaining the neighborhood in a decent, safe, and sanitary condition.
- Tenant agrees not to allow any person or guest in the dwelling unit or on the premises leased by the Tenant to partake in illegal activity.
- Tenant agrees to report to local officials, and then to the PHA, all illegal activity or activities known to or observed by Tenant occurring in the common areas of the Public Housing premises or his dwelling unit, or in any other dwelling unit of the PHA's property, as soon as the Tenant becomes aware of such activity.
Please do not hesitate to contact staff with any questions you may have.
Ms. Shaundra Clark, THA Executive Director
Important Ways to Slow the Spread of COVID - 19
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth to protect yourself and others.
- Wash your hands frequently or use a hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Avoid crowds
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.) daily.
- Monitor your health daily.
Free Sanitizing Available
If anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID - 19, Tifton Housing Authority maintenance staff will properly sanitize your unit once everyone is cleared of the virus.
This will help prevent further infection and spread of this highly contagious virus.
There will be no cost to you.
Call the office at 229-382-5434 once your household is virus-free and schedule the sanitization.
Tifton Housing Authority Banned List
Name/Birthdate - Banned From (Date) - Lift Date
- *Angoe, Joshua Deas - (07/19/19)
- *Billings, Vincent Charles - All
- Brown, Richard D., Jr. - All (03/09/2020) - 03/09/2025
- *Bryant, Roswick - All - LIFE
- *Butler, Dominque Sharod
- Caruthers, Travis Deas & Hills - (01/12/2021) - 01/12/2026
- Church, Ashley - 03/27/91 - All - 10/19/2023
- *Coney, Derrick - All - (09/07/18)
- *Cooper, Jacqueres - All - 05/13/2021
- *Davis, Briana Nicole - Dixie - LIFE
- Davis, Derrico Deon - 10/12/96 - Maple (08/29/19) - Indefinitely until lifted by THA
- *Denson, Malcolm - Deas - (09/09/13)
- *Dixon, Brianna - Dixie - (06/15/19)
- Edwards, Armonty - OOR & Peterson - (02/06/19) - 02/06/2024
- Folsom, Eugene - All - LIFE
- Foster, Aiyah - OOR - LIFE
- Fudge, Danny - All - 12/7/2021
- *Fudge, Marcus - All (02/04/2014)
- Gaines, Amrika Latrice - 8/4/99 - Maple, BV & Alder (09/25/19) - 09/25/2024
- *Gomez, Saul - EV (10/24/19) - Indefinitely until lifted by THA
- *Graydon, Ahmad Rashad - Peterson (05/02/16)
- *Griggs, Exzabrain - Alder (08/24/19)
- Green, Quintana 12/15/1989 - All (02/17/2021) - 02/17/2026
- *Greene, Shavondra - Maple, BV & Alder (04/25/19) - 04/25/2024
- Johnson, Antron - All - LIFE
- Johnson, Richard - All - LIFE
- Hawk, Angela - 1/14/94 - OOR & Peterson (10/10/19) - 10/10/2024
- *Heard, Laeddie - Deas - LIFE
- Heath, Raymond - All - 01/26/2021
- Henry, LaShonda - 02/10/82 - Peterson (04/23/19) -04/23/2024
- *Hicks, Justin Kennard - BVC (10/06/16)
- *Hightower, Michael David - Peterson - LIFE
- *Hillery, Kemon Deontae - Deas (08/18/18)
- *Hodge, Alexandria - ALL (01/08/13)
- *Hooks, Devvon Detravious - Deas (09/19/14)
- *Horn, Deontia - All (01/08/13)
- *Jackson, Gary - OOR (06/22/10)
- *Jacobs, Jacoby Sharadd - OOR (06/07/11)
- *Johnson, Alicia - Alder St (07/07/19)
- *Johnson, Antron - All - LIFE
- *Johnson, Richard - All - LIFE
- *Jones, Euwarner Jaris "JRoc" - All - LIFE
- King, Keon Danard - P, OOR, Omega, Deas & Hills - LIFE
- *Knight, Michael - Deas (09/09/13)
- *Laftly, Stacy - Dixie (08/01/11)
- *Lampkin, Abrente - Deas (09/09/13)
- *Lane, Germaine Lamont - All - 05/04/2022
- Lester, Dwayne - Peterson (10/21/2020) - 10/21/2025
- Mack, Chanet (06/18/78) - BV & Alder (07/03/2020) - 07/03/2021
- *Martin, Gregory Toronto - All (07/21/17)
- *McCrany, Charlie - Dixie, Deas (09/09/13)
- *McGriff, Rashad Quenterrio - OOR & Peterson (04/08/12)
- *Moline - Gomez, Moisez - EV (07/25/16)
- *Parks, Deyonta Puna - Deas (09/09/13)
- Poke, Joseph - All - LIFE
- *Poole, Talmadge - All (01/02/17)
- Redding, Tonya (12/10/1972) - EV (06/18/2020) - 06/18/2025
- *Riggins, Keonta Rashad - Peterson, OOR (07/28/14)
- Robinson, Clifford - All - LIFE
- *Rutland, Tronyall - BV (07/14/14)
- Smith, Christopher - 01/12/75 - All - LIFE
- Stephens, Abrenta J. - All (09/27/19) - LIFE
- Stevenson, Karshay - 06/08/96 - Elderly Village (02/03/2020) - 02/03/2025
- Sutton, Ayana - OOR & Peterson (02/06/19) - 02/06/2024
- Sutton, Tacoda - 04/13/87 -OOR & Peterson (02/06/19) - 02/06/2024
- Swain, Justin - 02/16/88 - All - 03/08/2023
- Taylor, Ashanti - 033/16/01 - All - 07/26/2023
- *Walker, Johnny - BVC - LIFE
- *Waller, Marvin M. - BVC - LIFE
- Waters, Hernando (09/27/96) - Deas & Hill - LIFE
- *Webster, Deanna - Peterson
- Webster, Ned (03/10/61) - All - LIFE
- *West, Dedra - All
- White, Dondre L. - 08/18/89 - Peterson (08/23/19) - Indefinitely until lifted by THA
- Wilcox, Wilbur Xavier "Slim" - EV, Peterson - 06/13/2022
- Wilson, Christopher "Shug" - 01/12/61 - EV (08/22/19) - LIFE
- Wilson, Larry - All - LIFE
List as of 02/23/2021
*Individuals banned by Tifton Police Department per their system.
1st - Recycling Week
5th - Tift County Schools Student Holiday
14th - Daylight Savings Spring Forward
15th - Recycling Week
17th - St. Patrick's Day
20th - Spring Begins
28th - Passover
29th - Recycling Week
30th - H.E.R.E. Family Violence Support Group Ruth Cottage Office 211 Chestnutt Ave. 4:00 pm - 5:00pm
1st - April Fool's Day
2nd - Good Friday
4th - Easter
5th-9th - Tift County Schools Spring Break
13th - Ramadan Begins
15th - Taxes Due
21st - Admin Assist Day
22nd - Earth Day
You Now Have On-Line Access To THA
Tifton Housing Authority is proud to announce we have the capability for our residents to do business with us on-line. This includes:
- Access to your account to see your rent amount
- Pay your rent *
- Print your lease
- Complete your annual recertification including uploading supporting documents
- Notify THA of changes to your household or income
- New applicants will be able to complete an application on-line.
- Access our web-site on your home computer or mobile app at www.tiftonhousing.org
- Click on "Resident Portal" and "Register" if you haven't already.
- Once you have established an account, you can pay your rent, upload documents, print your lease or change your mailing address and/or phone number.
How easy is that?
*There is a small bank fee of 1.99% + .10 per transaction. For example, if your rent is $200, your fee that will automatically be added to your transaction payment will be $4.08 (3.98 + .10).
City of Tifton Curbside Garbage and Recycling
City of Tifton Curbside Garbage is collected ONCE per week using the RED cart on the following days:
- Mondays: Peterson and Old Omega Road Apartments
- Tuesdays: Bellview and Maple Street Apartments
- Wednesdays: Golden Homes (Dixie Avenue)
- Thursdays: Elderly Village, Deas, and Hills Apartments
City of Tifton Recycling is collected Bi-weekly using the BLUE cart.
The next recycling week is March 1, 2021 and every other week thereafter. Please do not place your BLUE cart at curbside when it is not a recycling week.
Things to remember:
- Carts out by 7:00 a.m. on collection day.
- Make sure all waste is inside the cart; bagged and tied.
- Return carts back to your apartments on collection day.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact THA office at 229-382-5434.
The trash problem at our properties has gotten out of control. Each tenant is responsible for the area around your apartment. You must pick up trash in your area. You are responsible for your children and guests if they throw trash on the grounds. Be on notice that we will be writing tickets and issuing fines to tenants who do not comply. All of this is a part of your lease and non-compliance is a lease violation and subject to lease termination.
You are responsible for the appearance of the area around your apartment. Here are some other violations:
- Indoor furniture cannot be outside the apartment.
- Old tires, furniture and other discarded items cannot be outside the apartment.
- No driving and/or parking on the grass. There are no exceptions!
- Swimming pools, basketball goals and satellite dishes are prohibited.
- No smoking in your unit or any other Tifton Housing Authority building.
- No smoking within 25 feet of any building.
- Pouring grease down a drain or on the ground is prohibited.
- DO NOT tamper with smoke and/or carbon monoxide detectors.
If you have a grill on your front porch or in your front yard, please move it to the back of your apartment TODAY.
The office of Tifton Housing Authority remains closed to anyone physically. However, we are answering the phones and continuing to address any concerns our residents may have.
Work orders are handled on a case-by-case basis, with emergencies answered first and then any issues that may cause future problems handled. If you have an emergency after our normal business hours, remember to press 2 to be transferred to the maintenance voice mail.
Additionally, annual recertifications and interims are being handled via mail or email.
Remember, rent is still due as usual. By the 7th for public housing and by the 5th for those in Deas.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 229-382-5434.
"What you allow is what will always continue"
"Your life if your message to the world. Make sure it's inspiring."
Tifton Housing Authority Staff