Low Income Heat Energy Assistance Program
Coastal Plain Area, EOA, Inc. will be accepting appointment calls for Cooling Assistance for SENIOR CITIZENS AGED 65 OR OLDER starting April 1, 2021 - April 30, 2021 . GENERAL POPULATION WILL START MAY 3rd or UNTIL ALL OF THE APPOINTMENT SLOTS HAVE BEEN FILLED.
All applicants must bring the following to the appointment with them in order to be seen:
- For all household members that are 18 years old or older: Proof of income for all household members of the past 30 days
- Social Security Cards for each person in the household
- Current month's heating bill (electric, gas, propane) for the household
- 18 years old or older: Current/Valid proof of citizenship or legal immigrant status (state issued picture identification (ID) such as: driver's license, ID card, voter registration card, passport, military ID, etc.)
- If receiving SSI, Social Security, Pension, VA Benefits, or Worker's Compensation the 2021 award letter is required. We can accept bank statements for Social Security only.
Appointments can be made by telephone or internet access:
Online at http://coastalplain.caaschedduler.com
April 01, 2021 at 6:00 a.m. call 1-229-351-4936 Listen to the voice prompts, enter your information, and choose your appointment date and time; it's that easy! Make sure you don't hang up too soon or the system will not assign you an appointment and you WILL NOT have an appointment. You must sign up in the county you live in. Please Note: You will not be able to make duplicate appointments.