November/December Newsletter Available
Opening Doors- Changing Lives
The Staff Of Tifton Housing Authority would like to wish everyone a safe and plentiful Thanksgiving and a very Merry Christmas.
THA youth attended the Michael Jackson Review held at the Tift Theater. It looks like everyone had a great time!
Melanie Nunley, Resident Services Manager Graduates from GAHRA Future Leaders Class
Nunley is shown second from left.
First, I would like to thank my Executive Director, Shaundra Clark, for nominating me for the GAHRA (Georgia Association of Housing and Redevelopment Authorities) Future Leaders Class. This was a grand opportunity to learn new skills, enhance dormant skills and to network with some amazing housing professionals from all over the state of Georgia. GAHRA Future Leaders took me out of my comfort zone into a world of vast opportunities.
Sincerely, Melanie Nunley
Use Trash Bags!! Place your household garbage and trash in plastic bags closed with either a drawstring or tied before you place in your outside can. Make sure your outside can is closed securely. If your can is overflowing, the chance of animals or wind strewing the trash increases greatly. If you need more than one can to contain your usual trash volume, call the City and order you an additional container. Additionally, it is your responsibility to keep your porches and the area around your unit picked up and trash-free. The trash problem has gotten out of hand and we will be writing tickets if these simple rules are not followed.
You are invited to the 2nd Annual Deacon Frye's Thanksgiving Gobbler Gathering
Wednesday, November 27, 2019
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Tift County Neighborhood Center
Join the Frye Family & BRIDGE Inc as we "Provide warm meals to warm the hearts of hungry families" in honor of the life and legacy of Deacon Edward Earl Frye Sr.
- Yummy Meal & Desserts
- Door Prizes
- Free School Supplies, Toiletries, Winter Gloves
The Tift County Neighborhood Center is located at
2737 Central Ave S, Tifton, GA.
To RSVP, schedule home deliveries for the elderly or volunteer opportunities, please visit www.bridgeincorporated.org or contact the Gobbler Gathering RSVP line at 229-234-0487.
Tifton Housing Authority Banned List
As of 11/04/2019
EV= Elderly Village
BV = Bellview Circle
OOR = Old Omega Rd.
Note: if you are allowing a banned person to stay at your apartment, you are in violation of your lease.
Name / Birthdate, Banned From (Date), Lift Date
- Benjamin, Johnny, Jr. - 12/25/84, banned from All (08/05/18), until 08/05/2020
- Church, Ashley - 03/27/91, banned from All until 10/19/2023
- Davis, Derrico Deon - 10/12/96, banned from Maple (08/29/19), Indefinitely until lifted by THA
- Edwards, Armonty - banned from OOR & Peterson (02/06/19), until 02/06/2024
- Folsom, Eugene, All for LIFE
- Fudge, Danny, banned from All until 12/7/2021
- Gaines, Amrika Latrice - 8/4/99, banned from Maple, BV & Alder (09/25/19) until 09/25/2024
- Johnson, Antron, banned from All for LIFE
- Johnson, Richard, banned from All for LIFE
- Hawk, Angela - 1/14/94, banned from OOR & Peterson (10/10/19) until 10/10/2024
- Heath, Raymond, banned from All until 01/26/2021
- Henry, LaShonda - 02/10/82, banned from Peterson (04/23/19), until 04/23/2024
- King, Keon Danard, banned from P, OOR, Omega, Deas & Hill for LIFE
- Mayo, Christopher banned from All until 01/19/2021
- Morris, Jarrod, banned from All until 12/18/2020
- Morris, Willie, banned from All until 12/18/2020
- Poke, Joseph, banned from All for LIFE
- Robinson, Clifford, banned from All for LIFE
- Rogers, Shatara - 03/29/93 banned from Peterson (05/08/19) until 05/08/2020
- Reckard, Eric Jr. - 10/03/90, banned from Deas and Hill, 11/10/2019
- Sears, Lonnie, banned from All until 08/16/2020
- Smith, Christopher - 01/12/75, banned from All for LIFE
- Stephens, Abrenta J. banned from All (09/27/19) for LIFE
- Sutton, Ayana, banned from OOR & Peterson (02/06/19) until 02/06/2024
- Sutton, Tacoda - 04/13/87, banned from OOR & Peterson (02/06/19) until 02/06/2024
- Swain, Justin - 02/16/88, banned from All until 03/08/2023
- Taylor, Ashanti - 03/16/01, banned from All until 07/26/2023
- Taylor, Jonathan - 06/04/01, banned from Peterson (04/01/19) until 04/01/2020
- Thomas, Vervelean, banned from EV until 11/04/2020
- Tucker, Eddie - banned from Peterson (07/20/18) until 07/20/2020
- Wilson, Larry, banned from All for LIFE
- Williamson, Jamie, banned from All until 12/18/2020
- Waters, Hernando - 09/27/96, banned from Deas & Hill for LIFE
- Webster, Ned - 03/10/61, banned from All for LIFE
- White, Dondre L. - 8/18/89, banned from Peterson (08/23/19) Indefinitely until lifted by THA
- Wilcox, Xavier "Slim", banned from EV, Peterson until 06/13/2022
- Wilson, Christopher "Shug" - 01/12/61, banned from EV (08/22/19) for LIFE
- Wright, Jack, banned from All until 12/10/2019
Congratulations to Our Executive Director
Shaundra Clark, Executive Director of Tifton Housing Authority was honored as a NAHRO Fellow in San Antonio, Texas in October. This designation honors her for her actions within her own community and for her commitment to improve the housing conditions of her fellow citizens and/or the viability and sustainability of the community in which she lives and works. Shown left to right is Dina Willis, THA Board of Commissioners member, Ms. Clark, and Dr. Homer Day, Chairman of THA Board of Commissioners. If you see Ms. Clark, congratulate her on this distinguished honor. There are only 27 NAHRO Fellows in the United States.
Housekeeping Inspections will be conducted in Peterson and Old Omega Road during the months of November and December. Please be aware it is a lease violation to deny entry to the inspector. Our contracted inspector is Heath Greer and he will be wearing a name badge. Do not let anyone without a name badge in your apartment.
Resident Advisory Members attended the Georgia Housing Authority's Resident Leadership Conference in October. Pictured left to right are Christine Brown, Terrie Loyd, Beverly LaPierre, Sherina Dowers, Feliciaanne Illiomme and Melanie Nunley, Resident Services Manager.
The renovations of bathrooms and kitchens of many of the 2 and 3 bedroom units at Bellview Circle will start soon. Be on the lookout for a notice giving you specific dates. You will be required to remove all contents from cabinets and drawers, including counter tops and any furniture.
HOLIDAY SAFETY TIPS
1. Inspect electrical decorations for damage before use.
Cracked or damaged sockets, loose or bare wires, and loose connections may cause a serious shock or start a fire.
2. Do not overload electrical outlets.
Overloaded electrical outlets and faulty wires are a common cause of holiday fires. Avoid overloading outlets and plug only one high-wattage appliance into each outlet at a time.
3. Never connect more than three strings of incandescent lights.
More than three strands may not only blow a fuse, but also cause a fire.
4. Keep tree fresh by watering daily.
Dry trees are a serious fire hazard.
5. Use battery-operated candles.
Candles start almost half of home decoration fires (NFPA).
6. Keep combustibles at least three feet from heat sources.
A heat source that was too close to the decoration was a factor in half of home fires that began with decorations. (NFPA).
7. Protect cords from damage.
To avoid shock or fire hazards, cords should never be pinched by furniture, forced into small spaces such as doors or windows, placed under rugs, located near heat sources, or attached by nails or staples.
8. Check decorations for certification label.
Decorations not bearing a label from an Independent testing laboratory such as Underwriters Laboratories (UL), Canadian Standards Association (CSA) or Intertek (ETL) have not been tested for safety and could be hazardous.
9. Stay in the kitchen when something is cooking. Unattended cooking equipment is the leading cause of home cooking fires (NFPA).
10. Turn off, unplug, and extinguish all decorations when going to sleep or leaving the house. Unattended candles are the cause of one in five home candle fires. Half of home fire deaths occur between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. (NFPA).
- Housekeeping Inspections for Peterson and Old Omega Rd. will be conducted in November and December.
- See the calendar for THA office closings.
- View calendar events here.
Tifton Housing Authority Staff
Tifton Housing Authority,
PO Box 12
1425 N. Tift Ave.
Tifton, GA 31794