Letter from THA Executive Director
DATE: March 23, 2020
TO: Tifton Housing Authority Residents
RE: THA Office
The offices of Tifton Housing Authority will continue to be closed in order to protect you and our staff. With the City of Tifton announcing a state of emergency and most everything except essential businesses closed, we are encouraging our residents to stay home. If you have needs or concerns, please contact our office at 229-382-5434. If we don't answer, please leave a message as we are still working, albeit in a different manner than usual.
Work orders are being completed on an emergency basis. Call 229-382-5434. We ask that you advise us when you call if anyone in your household is sick or showing any symptoms of sickness. If it's after business hours, press 2 in order to be transferred to the maintenance line.
We are available to help the elderly and disabled get the food and medicine that is needed. Please ask for Melanie Nunley if you need assistance.
If you have been laid off or have had your hours reduced, we may be able to adjust your rent. Please email Sheena Washington at email@example.com . Detail your situation and attach your recent check stubs.
• If you are sick, please stay home. Avoid groups. We all must do our part to stop the spread of Covid-19.
• If you've been in close contact with someone you know that is sick, stay home.
• Avoid being around anyone sick. Even if someone doesn't show signs of the virus, they could be a carrier, so stay 6 feet away from folks.
• Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue...throw the tissue away immediately.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water while you hum happy birthday 2 times.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
Stay safe! Thank you.
Shaundra Clark, Executive Director