THA Times - November/December 2021
THA Times - November/December 2021
Connect with us on Social Media!
THA Office is Open
THA OFFICE IS OPEN • FACE MASKS REQUIRED • SOCIAL DISTANCE • ONLY 4 PEOPLE IN LOBBY AT ONE TIME
ACTIVE PARENTING CLASS
Every Thursday - 12:30 PM
Dixie Community Building 420 Dixie Avenue
Prizes for all attendees.
SECOND HARVEST FOOD GIVEAWAY
More details coming soon. Visit us on Facebook for updates.
" TALK BACK WITH MS. CLARK"
Nov 17th - 2 PM
Bellview Community Building
Basketball Courts Snacks + Raffle for Attendees
Elderly Village Bingo
For the first time since the pandemic, we were able to bring our senior residents together for BINGO! This opportunity was filled with games, giveaways, and a hot lunch. Lots of fun had by all. We're looking forward to our next fellowship!
- Work orders are handled on a case-by-case basis, with emergencies answered first and then any issues that may cause future problems handled. If you have an emergency after our normal business hours, remember to press 5 to be transferred to the maintenance ON-CALL PERSON voice mail. Please leave your name, phone number, and the nature of your call.
- NO PARKING OR DRIVING ON THE GRASS.
- Please pick up trash in your yards. Keep your porches clean.
- Tickets will be given for failure to have a parking decal on your vehicles. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 229-382-5434.
Need Assistance With Your Heating Bill?
The Georgia LIHEAP program may be able to offer you one or more of the following types of assistance:
- Energy Bill payment assistance.
- Energy crisis assistance.
- Weatherization and energy-related minor home repairs.
LIHEAP applicants are served on a first-come, first-serve basis by each agency. So apply early before funding runs out. You can locate Community Action Agencies by visiting www.georgiacaa.org.
Property Management News
Emergency Rental Assistance Program link: georgiarentalassistance.ga.gov
CALL-IN / ORIENTATION:
November 16, 2021: New Applicants Call-in
November 17, 2021: New Applicants Orientation
THA Lease Agreement Section 20: Housekeeping Standards. Failure to abide by the Housekeeping Standards that results in the creation or maintenance of a threat to health or safety is a violation of the lease and can result in eviction. Please review your THA lease and these standards carefully. If you have any questions, please contact our Property Manager, Ms. Sheena Washington at 229-382-5434.
RENT IS DUE ON THE 1ST & LATE AFTER THE 7TH FOR PUBLIC HOUSING.
RENT IS DUE ON THE 1ST & LATE AFTER THE 5TH FOR DEAS HOMES.
CORE Grant Funding
This national nonprofit is dedicated to serving food & beverage service employees with children to provide financial relief when either the parent or their child faces a health crisis, injury, death, or natural disaster.
If you are interested in applying for a CORE grant, please contact Melanie Nunley, at 229-382-5434.
For "safe celebrations":
- Host a video chat party with family and friends to share in the celebration.
- Plan a special meal with people who live with you inspired by the holiday or event.
- Have an outdoor celebration with everyone at least 6 feet apart.
- Watch virtual events and celebrations.
- Drive or walk around your community to wave to neighbors from a safe distance.
- Take food or gifts to family, friends, and neighbors in a way that does not involve contact with others, such as leaving them at the door.
- Throw a virtual dance party and collaborate with friends and family on a playlist.
- Celebrate outside with neighbors and friends. Attend a virtual ceremony or celebration.
For making in-person celebrations safer:
- Get vaccinated when you are eligible. Know when to wear a mask.
- If you are not fully vaccinated and aged 2 or older, you should wear a mask in indoor public places.
- In general, you do not need to wear a mask in outdoor settings
- In areas with high numbers of COVID-19 cases, consider wearing a mask in crowded outdoor settings and for activities with close contact with others who are not fully vaccinated.
- Outdoor activities are safer than indoor gatherings.
- Have conversations ahead of time to understand expectations for celebrating together.
- Do not attend or host a gathering if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- If celebrating indoors, bring in fresh air by opening windows and doors, if possible. You can use a window fan in one of the open windows to blow air out of the window. This will pull fresh air in through the other open windows.
Tift County Health Department
305 E 12th St., Tifton, GA 31794
Wednesdays & Thursdays 9 AM-3 PM
If you need assistance, you may call 919-351-MAKO(6256)
The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. To see if you qualify visit getemergencybroadband.org.
Performing Arts Events
THA Residents interested in attending upcoming performing arts events at the Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College should give us a call!
We have a set number of free tickets just for you!
What a year 2021 has been! We have almost made it, but not without our share of challenges, adjustments, and sometimes pure frustrations. I hope you have also found some joy - joy in spending more time with the people you love and cherish, connecting remotely with people you have not for some time; and joy in focusing on yourself - taking a breath, taking a moment to reflect on self.
While many things have changed, two things remain the same: THA commitment to your safety and staying true to our mission. Our main priorities are to safeguard the health and safety of our residents, staff, and service providers to the fullest extent possible. Our office has reopened to the public for limited face-to-face business. Masks are required; social distance is practiced and only four people are allowed at a time. THA online access is available at www.tiftonhousing.org to address many business needs that would normally require residents to come to the office. We also have two kiosk machines in the front lobby available during business hours for your THA business needs.
We have recently launched official Facebook and Twitter pages, and we invite you to connect / tweet/ like/ share with us today. You can also bring your questions and concerns to our onsite pop-up event: "Talk Back with Ms. Clark." Our next talk back will be at the community building basketball courts on Bellview Circle on November 18, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. I am looking forward to seeing and hearing from all of you.
I want to send wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season to all the residents of Tifton Housing Authority. Thank you for being patient with us as we go through transitions and changes of services and staff. Please feel free to contact Tifton Housing Authority with any questions or concerns you may have at (229) 382-5434.
Peace and Blessings!
Executive Director, Ms. Shaundra Clark
"The Tifton Housing Authority is committed to achieving excellence in providing safe, clean, and modern housing while promoting self-sufficiency and upward mobility to our residents."