Skip to Main Content
View More Pages MORE
How To Apply

If anyone in your family has a disability and requires a specific accommodation with any request or submitting any of the applications, please contact the THA at (229) 382-5434.

Apply Online - To apply online click here

Housing Availability:

The THA processes new applications every 60 days. Because there are many applicants seeking housing, there is a lengthy waiting list. It is difficult to predict the time between applying and receiving a housing offer – it can sometimes take years.

The THA has no Emergency housing available. The first step is to complete an application at the THA at our administrative offices at 1425 N. Tift Ave., Bldg. #15 in Tifton, Georgia 31794 or download our application on our website. As housing becomes available, the THA schedules personal interviews with applicants. Applicants are required to provide verification of their eligibility at the time of the interview.

What Do I Need to Apply?

  • Photo identification for everyone 18 years and older.
  • Current proof of enrollment for any member 18 years old and older.
  • Information regarding total weekly, monthly, or annual income and assets for all members of your household.
  • Social Security cards for all members of your household.
  • Birth certificates or conformation of birth for all members of your household.
  • Marriage certificate
  • All final divorce decrees.
  • Current landlord’s name and complete mailing address and phone number.
  • Employer’s name and complete mailing address.
  • Proof of all income: last three paystubs if working, current ward letter if you receive SSI or Social Security, proof of unemployment income, proof of TANF/AFDC, proof of VA or other pension or retirement wages, proof of contributions from any other source, including child support.
  • Criminal background check for every member of the household age 18 and older.
  • Utility Verification forms MUST be signed by Georgia Power and the City of Tifton.
  • Must provide out-of-pocket- medical expenses for elderly and disabled families only.
  • Must provide WG-15 work history form from the Department of Labor (unemployment office) regardless if you work or not. *You will need you Social Security Card and Picture ID to obtain this information* 

Additional Information:

The housing authority may suspend taking applications at any time. If you do not have all the above information, your application will not be taken. Everyone who is to be on the application who is 18 years of age or older needs to come to the appointment.

An Equal Housing Opportunity Agency
"Assisting With Your Affordable Housing Needs"