Because infestation of bedbugs has been on the increase, bedbug bites and related conditions have been on the rise for years. If you suspect there are bedbugs in your home, please call The Tifton Housing Authority immediately at (229) 382-5434. Furthermore, it is part of your lease to report all unsafe and unsanitary conditions that are known and/or observed to Tifton Housing Authority.
What are Bedbugs?
Bedbugs are small, oval, brownish insects that live on the blood of animals or humans. Adult bedbugs have flat bodies about the size of an apple seed.
Signs of Infestation:
- Blood stains on your sheets or pillowcases
- Dark or rusty spots of bedbug excrement on sheets and mattresses, bed clothes, and walls
- Bedbug fecal spots, egg shells, or shed skins in areas where bedbugs hide
Few Tips to Avoid Bedbugs:
- Never bring second-hand furniture (if possible), especially mattresses and box springs, into a home without thoroughly examining for signs of a bed bug infestation
- Vacuum suitcases after returning from a vacation.
- Check your sheets regularly for tell-tale blood spots