THA Vehicle Registration Policy
Tifton Housing Authority
Vehicle Registration Policy
April 8, 2021
- Each household is allowed no more than 2 vehicles. (Exceptions MAY be made on a case-by-case basis.)
- Each vehicle must be registered to a household member.
- Each vehicle must be registered with THA to receive a parking sticker.
- Parking permits must be placed (adhered) on the driver's side of the REAR windshield in the lower corner.
- There is NO assigned parking.
- If vehicle is sold or transferred to someone outside of household, the sticker should be removed. If an invalid / old / prior sticker is improperly used or allowed to be used by the subsequent car owner, the THA resident assigned to that sticker will be fined $100.
- THA staff will periodically check vehicles for stickers. If a vehicle is found not having a sticker, a warning ticket will be issued. If a second ticket is issued the resident will be fined $100, after the third incident the vehicle will be towed at the expense of the resident and/or owner.
- Vehicle registration will be renewed at Annual Recertification. Residents are responsible for updating the THA as needed throughout the year if they no longer have the registered vehicle, if they change vehicles, etc. (i.e., tenant is responsible on an on-going basis to make sure their vehicle information and parking stickers are valid and up to date).
- Guests must park in designated guest parking areas are on the street. You may contact the office for information regarding guest parking areas.
Along with the registration form, copies of the following are required:
- Valid DL
- Valid insurance policy
- Tax/Tag registration
THERE IS NO ASSIGNED PARKING.