First Alert Weather Day - DANGEROUS HEAT
The heatwave begins TODAY. Highs will reach the upper 90s but the heat will feel like 105 to 110 degrees. Friday will be even HOTTER with highs near 100 and the heat index a scorching 110 degrees.
A First Alert Weather Day is in effect Friday through Saturday for DANGEROUS HEAT. Highs on Saturday will be similar with slightly higher humidity meaning the heat index could reach 113 degrees.
What to do in extreme heat warning:
Take cool showers or baths.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing
- Use your oven less to help reduce the temperature in your home.
- If you're outside, find shade...
- Drink plenty of fluids (water, Gatorade) to stay hydrated.
- Avoid high-energy activities or work outdoors, during midday heat, if possible.
Residents, if you are experiencing issues with your A/C, please call in a work order to our Maintenance Department.