RFP - Operations Consultant
Request for Proposals (RFP) for Consulting Services
Tifton Housing Authority Organizational and Operational Review
The Tifton Housing Authority is seeking the services of qualified consultants with a background in examining the operations of public housing authorities and/or multifamily non-profit organizations.
The purpose of this RFP is to solicit offers from qualified consultants to assist the Tifton Housing Authority (THA) with an overview of the agency's organization and operations and providing recommendations on the overall management structure of the THA. Additionally, the THA is requesting the consultant provide recommendations on changes that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery by the agency.
- All proposals shall be in writing either in a hard copy format or by email.
- The proposals shall include the following:
- Names of the assigned personnel outlining their qualifications and experience completing organizational reviews of public housing authorities or similar agencies
- Project schedule
- Project cost that includes pricing for each component
- Three (3) business references for work completed in the last 5 years.
- Statement that the consultant will adhere to applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- The proposal must be submitted by February 2, 2024 at 12:00 noon.
- Interested firms should submit a letter of interest and information about their firm to
Tifton Housing Authority
P. O. Box 12
Tifton, GA 31793
Selection of the Consultant
Selection of the consultant will be based on the following:
- Evidence of the ability to perform the work as indicated by the profile(s) of the key personnel. (20)
- Specialized experience and technical competence in providing organizational and operational reviews. (30)
- Past performance in terms of cost control, quality of work, and compliance with performance schedules. (25)
- Knowledge of HUD rules and regulations. (25)
After ranking the responses, the Housing Authority shall negotiate with the highest ranked firm, in an effort to obtain a fair and reasonable price. If the Housing Authority fails to reach an agreement with the highest ranked firm, the same procedure shall be followed with the second highest ranked firm and so on, until an agreement is obtained with the most qualified firm at a fair and reasonable price.
- The consultant shall recommend a proposed organizational structure based on findings from each department and present clear recommendations on changes that will improve effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- The consultant shall prepare a final draft report and review findings and proposed recommendations with the management team prior to finalizing the report.
- The consultant shall present a written final report summarizing the result of the organizational and operational review incorporating findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- The consultant shall meet with the THA Board of Commissioners and the Executive Director to present the final report.
- The consultant shall provide assistance to the Executive Director and management team in planning and communicating the project to staff and others as necessary throughout the duration of the project.